Names for peahens

Since it was hatched in August I could name it summer but I don't think it really makes sense to have a pea called summer. I had 2 peachicks one was republican and the other was democrat (Demi) I kind of want to call it republican but I don't want to many bad memories of her! :(

My best friend has a peacock named emrald, his mate was dimond. There chicks were named gem, ruby, crystal, and more. Maybe some of those helped?
My Peahen (now gone) was named Jade.... so when I got 3 new peahen, all Green IB and an IB Peacock, was thinking of naming
the girls all precious gem names.....like Emerald, Ruby, Diamond, Opal but just couldn't decide either....kinda thought they all needed
"green" names.... thought the peacock could be Gemmy or Gem but just didn't sound regal enough for such a fine bird....
Still like this idea but so unsure....the girls all look identical to me....

they still aren't named....may even do as my grandma did with her girls since she had so many children...April, May and June...

Good luck, maybe I will get some ideas from this thread too...

Mine are named after the Greek Gods like MinxFox stated. I named my dogs after charactors from television shows and the rest of my birds were named by all the kids that come over, each gets to name a duck or chicken.

I think I'll name the hen jade. Thanks critters!! ;) but I also have another male and am getting 2 hens so... Any other suggestions? I don't want to name the second one a gem name since jade is kind of a gem name.

Back
Top Bottom