Naming baby chick

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
Haha-I just found out I am to be a grandmother, (first timer) and my son and daughter have first names picked out if it is a boy, "Miles" if it is a girl "Kristina" but they do not have middle names yet. But everyone here comes up with such cute names for chickens, I thought I could get some great suggestions. Thanks to all. Also I have baby chicks with no names, so I may chose some names for my chicks!

Look through your ancestry and look for a grandparent or one of the greats names. Could be a first or last name. One of my ancestors came from Ireland in 1635, his first name was Alexander. My grandson's middle name is Alexander.

One of my wife's ancestors last name was Austin. One of her nephew's has a middle name of Austin. Her brother's middle name and her sister's middle name are taken from their grandparents' first names.

Angus is used predominantly in the English, Irish, and Scottish languages, and it is derived from Celtic origins. The name's meaning is one choice.

The name Axel is primarily a male name of Scandinavian origin that means My Father Is Peace.

My grandfather's real name was Lars, but he went by Angus, because of the Anderson. My dad's name was Raymond, but his friend's called him Andy, because of the Anderson.

I rend to forget individual names of chicks. My adult kids named my first batch, of which I have changed the names of all but two so it’s easier to remember (they all look soooo similar) I now pick duo or trio names to jog my memory. I have a Frodo and Sam, a Donald (pullet), Daisy and Daphne.
So may I suggest: Frankie and Beans, Lavern and Shirley, Max and Ruby. Huey, Dewy and Louie. Joan and Jette.
😛

Back
Top Bottom