Naming birds

guntha45

Chirping
Nov 16, 2020
Bethel, Maine
Having a fair amount of birds I find it hard to name them. Some do have unique characteristics that makes it easier to single them out.
Last summer when our cockerels were free ranging there were a few that could be singled out. We had a Lakenvelder that was named "White Bird". Another was not timid and would come right up to us looking for treats when we were sitting out by the pond. His name was "Friend Bird". One had 2 predominant tail feathers, his name was "Two Feathers". Of course it was the grandson and the lady of the house naming them, I prefer to not get too attached considering what I'll have to be doing with them. Even though I prefer not to name them I did notice one distinctive bird. Obviously he was not liked very much by the others because he had no tailfeathers left. I pointed him out to the family and suggested a name for him, in keeping with the other types of names. I suggested his name be "Ass Plucked Clean"...It was a hit with the family! We all got a laugh and the name stuck :)

Having a fair amount of birds I find it hard to name them. Some do have unique characteristics that makes it easier to single them out.
Last summer when our cockerels were free ranging there were a few that could be singled out. We had a Lakenvelder that was named "White Bird". Another was not timid and would come right up to us looking for treats when we were sitting out by the pond. His name was "Friend Bird". One had 2 predominant tail feathers, his name was "Two Feathers". Of course it was the grandson and the lady of the house naming them, I prefer to not get too attached considering what I'll have to be doing with them. Even though I prefer not to name them I did notice one distinctive bird. Obviously he was not liked very much by the others because he had no tailfeathers left. I pointed him out to the family and suggested a name for him, in keeping with the other types of names. I suggested his name be "Ass Plucked Clean"...It was a hit with the family! We all got a laugh and the name stuck :)
:lau

We have our own nicknames for our hens!
Oribel, the buff orp in my profile is our little Souffle
Phyllis, our australorp is Chocolate Pudding
And Krockatow (don't ask) is our little Crouton

Attachments

• WIN_20201112_15_10_32_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20201112_15_10_32_Pro.jpg
    699.1 KB · Views: 2
  • WIN_20200730_16_52_39_Pro (2).jpg
    WIN_20200730_16_52_39_Pro (2).jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 3