Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Only the ones I’m not going to eat.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • No I don’t name them

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Only the ones I can tell apart.

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters
I always name my chickens.. sometimes it comes easy on day one and sometimes it takes a week to figure it out. Regardless, we always name them after influential historical women. Right now we have Arianna Huffington, Madame Curie, Lo Bosworth, Gladys Parkin, Olivia Jade and Sophie Germain. We have had Charlotte Rae and Florence Nightingale as well as a Jolene, she was a force and we decided she didn't need a last name 😆

Attachments

• 20160109_150856_IMG_8596.JPG
    20160109_150856_IMG_8596.JPG
    415.9 KB · Views: 1
Of course my girls have names! They are members of my homestead family. If you have many of the same breed, you will get to know them and their personalities. That will help you tell them apart. I name my girls with names I just love or my favorite literary characters, movie or TV faves! Have fun :)

I am already thinking of possible names for the chicks I’m picking up this week. So my question is, do you name your chickens? How do you decide on names? If you have multiple of the same breed, how do you tell them apart?
Thanks for participating!
I always name my chickens.They are golden wing wyandottes. They all have different personalities and when they grow different markings making them easy to distinguish.

Sounds smart. But half the fun for me is seeing the hatching! Great for my homeschooled kids to experience too. But in the future I may need to get pullets if I keep having this luck. Last year I hatched 6 quail and 5 ended up being male. 🤦‍♀️
I’m going to try hatching a few eggs next year when we get ready to add new chicks on the spring, might try to get cream Legbar so we know who the Roos are nice & early & can try to find homes ahead of time. Our chick order will definitely be sexed if I hatch! I think my son would love watching the eggs pip & chicks coming into the world! ❤️ Your kids must’ve loved it!

All mine have names...my adult daughter n I named them as we came home with em -
Mango, Milli n Vanilli all silkies
Polish (a polish - I know real original but couldn't get it outta my head!)
Milli n Vanilli looked exactly alike and always have for the most part. But their personality is totally different!

Back
Top Bottom