• Only the ones I’m not going to eat.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • No I don’t name them

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Only the ones I can tell apart.

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters
Pics
I optimistically called my one Silkie Roxanne Hen L'oeuf - then she started crowing - tried Rocky but Roxanne stuck as she/he knew that name. The other Silkie I knew was a rooster and called in Stanley the Stallion Chicken. Sadly both were killed recently by a fox :(

I have three other Silkies that are around 14 weeks right now so I don't know what sex they are. From the beginning they were the McNugget Triplets: I have Fluffy McNugget (typical fluffy silkie), Curly McNugget (Frizzle silkie) and Henny Penny McNugget (looks like an Old English Game x Silkie - and likely a rooster....). All three know their names, and simple commands like, 'Go to bed' - when I put them away at night; or 'Go in there' - their safe place when I move horses around in the barn; and of course 'Here chook, chook, chook' - always some treat involved with that call!

There are also seven, 5 week old barnyard mix chicks here that were hatched out and they also have names and are learning them - they are not as easy to train as the Silkies I am finding as they are always running somewhere doing something and never sit still - the Silkies are way more tame and quiet.

Chickens are new for me but I find they are cunning, devious little devils, and remind me of those wee raptors on Jurassic Park that attack the little girl on the beach - I am frequently glad they are not 6' tall! And I have seen my Silkie Fluffy eat an 8" snake so doubly glad they are not looking at me as being on the menu hahaha.
Hey! Henny-Penny really is a Henny :) just started laying eggs. Now for the other two....

Back
Top Bottom