Naming the farm

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CCCCCCCCHICKENS, Dec 6, 2013.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I have tried and tried and tried, but I can't come up with a name. I want to come up with a name so that I can advertise my farm. Can anyone help me come up with a name? Feel free to ask questions if you think it will better help you think of a name.

Some things:
    -I live in Indiana
    -Breed chickens
    -not really any well known land marks or anything around/ the grounds flat that is about it

even if you only have part of a name, but think it sounds good, maybe we can come with something to add to it to make it complete. Ideas, Help, all appreciated!

And if anyone else is having a hard tome coming up with a name for their farm, fell free to post. Maybe someone can help you out too!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  2. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut Premium Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    What kind of chickens do you breed? I am good at coming up with names as long as they aren't for me. :p

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    lol, I am that way to on most occasions. I have various breeds but some of them breeding/ getting reay to breed are BBS Ameraucanas, White rocks, Mottled cochin bantams, Easter eggers.

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Do you want the name to reflect that you raise chickens, or will you be raising other animals also? Do you have favorite chickens or other pets whose names could be used in the farm name? Favorite color, flower, insect, hobby etc?

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I would like ghe name to reflect that I taise chickens (i eill be breedig and selling quality stock). I have a few goats and stiff but I dont want that to be reflected in the name. My dogs name is chebby. I do have a favorite breed of chickens but I do not want it to be focused on a certain breed as I will sell a variety of breeds. My favorite colors are bright blue and lime green. tipped carnations are my favorite flowers. My favorite insects are crickets, grasshoppers, locus. I have two hobbies raising chickens and scrapbooking.

6. Kelsie2290

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Blue Carnation Poultry, Blue Cricket Poultry, Hoosier Hopper Hens, Scrapbook Hatchery / Poultry, Blue Hen Hatchery ... meant with names for instance you can combine two call names to come up with a made up name to use.

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Thanks for all the ideas! I really loke the hooiser one. I know I am going to havw to think about it a while before I finally decide on a name.

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    With the Ameraucanas and Easter eggers you could go with something with rainbow--Rainbow Egg Ranch/Poultry, Robin's Egg Ranch/Poultry.

Blue eggs made me think of blue and white eggs, leading to red, white and blue--Patriot Poultry.

you could also do your initials, family names, etc. Some of mine would be D&R Poultry, DRB Poultry, Bell Poultry.

Our ranch name is Circle Lazy B---a B on it's back inside a circle, B for last name Bell.

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Thanks for all the ideas! I do like the idea of hzving mu intials or the familied intial ir something if the sort. I have been thinking about maybe Happy Hoosier Poultry farm, but I am still not sure. Anybody think it is too boring or have an idea to twink it a little bit to make it sound better? I lile the Hoosier poultry farm but think it needs a little something more. Wheher ir mor it should have happy I dont know. This all still the considering stage. Sometimes I think I put ti much thought into things lol.

10. Kelsie2290

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Names are fun to play with. With Hoosier, it is good because it means you are in Indiana to most people without them having to ask, so as long as you don't plan on moving out of state... donrae's rainbow idea fits with your colored egg layers, could do something like Hoosier Rainbow Poultry, or CCC Rainbow Poultry etc ... Whatever you decide on, do check the initials to be sure they are something you want to be known by, and google the names to be sure there isn't a similar one in the area, a famous one, or one anywhere that has a lot of bad reviews or something.
    Happy Hoosier Hatchery, Hatching Happy, Healthy, Hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by