Nankin bantam

I've got one last batch of eggs in the 'bator, but until we have siblings, we're still searching for the right "woobie" for H. Solo. So far:
Feather duster ... nope
Silky plush bear ... nope
Pom pom ... oh HALE no, promptly pooped on it and scurried away
Knotted washcloth - it works, but I'm worried about snagging those tiny toes
The closest we've gotten is a little, fuzzy key chain. It looks like a pom/pom-meets-bracelet thingie that s/he sits in the middle of, like a little bird's nest. That lasts a little while, until Solo hears a voice (hooman/dog/cat/telephone, it doesn't matter) then the peeping starts again. Ya know, I'd forgotten how much noise one tiny little Nankin chick can make. ARGGHH!

10 rooster chicks from first hatch for sale ship at 8 weeks.

Attachments

• 20210520_083213.jpg
    20210520_083213.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210520_083827.jpg
    20210520_083827.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 1
Does any body know Mary Ann Harley's email? (She is a breeder of Nankins)
I haven't heard anything from or about her in years ,,, since the Nankin club fell apart. I hope she's still around! If you can't find her, try contacting Michele Sepiol on FB or MeWe. She's still active with the breed. I believe she raises single combs.

I've got one last batch of eggs in the 'bator, but until we have siblings, we're still searching for the right "woobie" for H. Solo. So far:
Feather duster ... nope
Silky plush bear ... nope
Pom pom ... oh HALE no, promptly pooped on it and scurried away
Knotted washcloth - it works, but I'm worried about snagging those tiny toes
The closest we've gotten is a little, fuzzy key chain. It looks like a pom/pom-meets-bracelet thingie that s/he sits in the middle of, like a little bird's nest. That lasts a little while, until Solo hears a voice (hooman/dog/cat/telephone, it doesn't matter) then the peeping starts again. Ya know, I'd forgotten how much noise one tiny little Nankin chick can make. ARGGHH!
UPDATE _ Han Solo is a HEN Solo! I'm a happy camper!

I haven't heard anything from or about her in years ,,, since the Nankin club fell apart. I hope she's still around! If you can't find her, try contacting Michele Sepiol on FB or MeWe. She's still active with the breed. I believe she raises single combs.
Thanks. I happened to find her adress, so I am mailing her a letter.
Okay, spill the beans! What's the secret to reliably sexing Nankin chicks early?
puh leeeeeeeeeeeeze
I can sex my nankin x mutt chicks by their combs.

Back
Top Bottom