Nankin Bantams from Ideal?

Here's my Ideal hatchery chick, picked from an assorted bantam bin at my feed store, which Carol (post above) has determined to be a Nankin. Time will tell exactly what he/she will look like as an adult: (P.S. Thanks, Carol!) He/she is two weeks in this photo; he/she is almost four weeks now.

So far no problems with health, etc. I had a scare a few days ago when I discovered a huge bump on its right breast, but it turned out to be just the crop.

I have a nankin pair I got from a local breeder. I have only showed them once and the pullet was BB and cock was RB (out of about 15-20 nankins) I can sell you some chicks or eggs if you are interested. We use our nankins for showmanship and they are PERFECT for that.

Coop Deville LOL huge bump on its right breast, Rod and I did the same thing, did not know chicks could put so much food in crop!

Here's my Ideal hatchery chick, picked from an assorted bantam bin at my feed store, which Carol (post above) has determined to be a Nankin. Time will tell exactly what he/she will look like as an adult: (P.S. Thanks, Carol!) He/she is two weeks in this photo; he/she is almost four weeks now.

So far no problems with health, etc. I had a scare a few days ago when I discovered a huge bump on its right breast, but it turned out to be just the crop.

I am wondering what the quality is of the Nankin bantams from Ideal are? Could you post pics? I am very interested in getting some once my coop is finished.
I am re-posting this, talked to her at the Oregon Swap, no good news on her Ideal Ordered Chicks.

Quote:Grumpypantsmomma May 1. 2012 on Nankins Forum.
"I ordered 25 Nankin from Ideal after i found out what she was hoping to breed, They look nothing like her, some of them were almost white when i got them and others were darker but nothing like her color! I need to get an updated picture of her today! She is still a Beauty and is in with a Silkie cockerel until they younger boys are old enough to breed. Now that they have hits 8 wks of age they are dropping dead like flies, I sent a couple of their bodies to be necropsied only to find out they are dieting of merek's, The same thing is happening to my Assorted D'Uccle chicks that are the same age and also came in a different shipping box also from Ideal. I have lost 7 Nankin so far to it and 3 more of them are in with a D'Uccle in their own pen because they have lost movement in their limbs but are still able to scooch around to get food and water, now they are standing and able to walk again. 1 pullet had lost complete movement in one of her legs and was dragging herself around to get food, she has regained movement in the leg but her foot is curled and she cannot move her toes."

"Yes last time i had this happen was when the hatchery used a modified live virus. The hubby has called them My Dead Chicken ever since. I called and this hatchery too used modified live virus. So before ordering chicks vaccinated i think i will ask what kind of vaccine they will be using."

Coop Deville LOL huge bump on its right breast, Rod and I did the same thing, did not know chicks could put so much food in crop!

Yeah... for a second there I was prepared to make a special coop and everything for my "deformed" bird so that it could enjoy as good a life as possible. Good to know he's just a good eater!

I suggest you to get nankins from private breeder.
I got 3 from the private breeder. 2 cockerels and 1 hen.
They are amazing birds i ever had.
I never order from Ideal Hatchery before.
Im sure they are not pure Nankins.

Back
Top Bottom