Nankin Bantams Show

He looks really nice. Is his color even? Are his legs blueish?
HI Nankins do not have bluish legs,,,it is a very light olive tone with a thin red line running down the centre of the outside of the shank..you can tell if you have a pure nankin by checking the leg colors and if they dont have this then they are a crossbreed. Hope this helps you out as nankins are such friendly little chickens we love all of ours.

HI Nankins do not have bluish legs,,,it is a very light olive tone with a thin red line running down the centre of the outside of the shank..you can tell if you have a pure nankin by checking the leg colors and if they dont have this then they are a crossbreed. Hope this helps you out as nankins are such friendly little chickens we love all of ours.
Well...that is actually incorrect. Nankins have slate blue legs, and yes they can have a thin red line running on the side of the leg.

My Nankin pullet has slate blue legs and I got her from a reputable breeder. I am positive she is purebred.

My 3 nankins bantams have blue legs.
I cant wait till breeding them and get more nankins chicks..
my hen has a HUGE attitudes toward other chicken, NO one wanted to mess with her, even my white nankin rooster would do a mess arund her, and she would FIGHT back. so.. they are bestfriends bantams, slept together, eat together and even walking around together.
they are so cute!

Here my Nankins rooster and "bossy" hen.

Another picture of them with young pullets that wouldnt messing with the hen.

I have 2 Light brahmas, 2 Ameurcanas, 1 leghorn, and 3 Silkies bantams in them.
My Silkies bantam are so SWEET girls toward others, but its funny to watch them try to attack other pullets as playing, but they couldnt see them that well. the young rooster helped. Its so funny!

Back
Top Bottom