Nashua, New Hamshire Chicken Laws?

Have you searched on the Forum page for Local Ordinances and Laws? There is a section of the Forum devoted to laws about keeping chickens. If you find information about your local area post it there to help the next person. You can find out by calling or visiting your local county or city office and asking questions. You can also look on the Web to see if they have their ordinances online.

Yeah I checked the laws and ordinances page and they didn't have Nashua nh they just had other cities in nh :( I will check online thanks anyways :)

Try looking at your city's website. I just looked quickly but didn't see anything but I'm sure a more thorough search should yield a better outcome. If that fails, try calling city hall and see if they have an online source of code. My city had something called municode. Look in the zoning section as well as the animal sections for any restrictions.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

jumpy.gif

Shamwow123,
I'm not sure if you own your home or rent, but I went online and looked at the Ordinances for Nashua, NH. If you rent your landlord may give you a problem. I didn't read anything about chickens. Most of the ordinances have to do with dogs and cats, but these two are sort of general. It looks like to me that if you want to keep chickens, if you can, locate your coop 45 feet from a home, do what you can to keep from being a nuisance to your neighbors, (i.e. keep the noise and the smell down), and just hope that no one complains. If you get caught and they tell you to get rid of them, then at least you tried. It's worth a shot. If they order you to stop, you could try to get them to change their mind and go before the city council, but you would probably need support from your neighbors for that. Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.

93-3. Keeping and housing animals.
It shall be unlawful for any person, whether as owner, bailee, keeper or custodian, to keep and house any animal in any structure built or located within 45 feet of any building occupied by human beings in the City except upon special permission from the health officer of the board of health of the City. The location, construction, erection and sanitary condition of all such structures shall be made satisfactory to the health officer. Plans approved by the board of health shall be filed with the board before any such building shall hereafter be constructed, altered, extended or moved.

§ 93-13. Noises from animals as a nuisance.

[Added 8-12-2003 by Ord. No. O-03-191]

A. Noise from an animal which is sustained for periods of more than 30 minutes or which occurs between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., which noise would annoy or disturb a person of normal sensibilities is found to be a nuisance.
B. The owner of any animal who fails, by appropriate action, to effectively abate such a nuisance after being requested to do so by any person, shall be guilty of a violation.

Back
Top Bottom