Natural Cold Process Lye Soaps

love.gif
I'm in LOVE with my newest scents....the lavender pine is divine. LOL

Last edited:
Soaps Curing now:

Nag Champa
Sandalwood Patchouli
Super Shea Goat's Milk (no fragrance or colorants)
Turkish Mocha

Coming Soon:

Valentine's Day Soap (smells like candy, a limited Valentine's day batch)
Love Soap (a limited-time Valentine's day batch)
Man Soap
Rosemary
Sleepy-Time (Lavender/Chamomile/Vanilla)

Turkish Mocha Soap...

Love your soaps. The Mocha looks yummy. :) I am new to soap making I would like to ask you a few questions if I may. PM me if necessary...I want to make CP or HP soaps, & as of now I have only done a few batches of MP, which is def not the same. My husband is the, let's say "budget savvy" one (lol), & he thinks making soap is just too expensive, considering the price of Essential Oils & he thinks I need to sell sooaps to offset the price of materials. I only want to use EOs & natural (pref organic) products, no fragrance oils. My question is this...what is your cost per bar? How are you making any money? Or is it just a labor of love? (I've heard soap making can get quite addictive.) Also, I'm going mad trying to figure out fragrances that will smell good together, not wanting to make a mistake & mess up & have to throw money out the window. Do you have any websites, recipes, or books you like or would recommend? I'm sorry for all the questions. I hope I'm not irritating you. Any info would be greatly appreciated. ~Thanks.

Love your soaps. The Mocha looks yummy. :) I am new to soap making I would like to ask you a few questions if I may. PM me if necessary...I want to make CP or HP soaps, & as of now I have only done a few batches of MP, which is def not the same. My husband is the, let's say "budget savvy" one (lol), & he thinks making soap is just too expensive, considering the price of Essential Oils & he thinks I need to sell sooaps to offset the price of materials. I only want to use EOs & natural (pref organic) products, no fragrance oils. My question is this...what is your cost per bar? How are you making any money? Or is it just a labor of love? (I've heard soap making can get quite addictive.) Also, I'm going mad trying to figure out fragrances that will smell good together, not wanting to make a mistake & mess up & have to throw money out the window. Do you have any websites, recipes, or books you like or would recommend? I'm sorry for all the questions. I hope I'm not irritating you. Any info would be greatly appreciated. ~Thanks.

Thank you! Brambleberry has good prices on most of the supplies. I bought my wooden molds through another company--that hand makes them here in the US. All told, it cost me about $500 to get into...but I went all-out...top of the line oils, molds, a website, supplies, etc. My price per bar is between $1.42 and $2.82 to make, depending on oils, colorants, recipe, etc. That doesn't include my time or wrapping the bars.

My 6lb batches take 72oz of olive oil (along with several other things)--so you can image what 72oz of olive oil costs. :)

I sell the bars for $6 each or four for $20. So I don't make a ton of money. And yes--it's VERY addicting. I started out with three scents and I have over 30 now....it's gotten to the point I had to stop creating/making because I have run out of room to let it cure. LOL

I started off with just essential oils and quickly learned that not all people care about all-natural...so I started offering soaps with fragrance oils (paraben, phalate-free)...and some with both essential and fragrance.

The hardest thing for me is the math...LIL there are several helpful soap calculators but I've pretty much found my ultimate recipe that I won't be changing up....

I highly recommend The Soap Queen--she's got a website (she owns Brambleberry) and also has many videos on Youtube. I also joined the Teach Soap Forum (another of her inventions)...and it's been very helpful.

I would also suggest that you start very small...make a 2lb loaf to start with and see how that goes....or just buy some of my soaps.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom