Natures Best Organics

dela1991

Songster
9 Years
Apr 21, 2010
Delaware
I have been using Countryside Naturals since the beginning. My chickens are about 3 months old now. I found that a Southern States nearby is going to carry Natures Best Organics and thought I would give it a try. It's not that I am unhappy with the Countryside Naturals, quite the opposite. It is just that it has to be shipped. Has anyone used Natures Best? How do you like it?

Thanks for any input as I am still ruminating on it.

Terri

I was told about $25. for 50lbs at Southern States for the Natures Best. They do not actually have it in yet. The Countryside Naturals is about the same but it is $16. for shipping. I have 13 standard chickens who go through about 50lbs in 3 weeks. I just would rather be able to buy the feed locally. I don't like to have to make a big deal about getting their feed. I went though the same thing with my dog food till alot of people in the area started requesting it and then the local pet food store started stocking it. I just want to go in and get it off the shelf and go. It's not like ordering it off the internet is time consuming because as I said before, we like the Countryside Naturals alot and it arrives two days after I order it. But between the shipping costs and having a huge UPS truck come all the way out here every few weeks for a 50lb bag of chicken feed, it just seems a little wasteful. That's my chicken drama for the moment.

I have used Nature's Best Laying Pellets in the past & the chickens loved it. Just recently bought pullets grower for my present chicks and I did not like it, because it was ground totally to dust. I thought the pieces for grower would have been a bit bigger. The chickens however really liked it. I would be still buying it, except I found soy-free transitional feed at my Amish guy who makes feed. Nature's Best seems to be a very good feed. When I used it, it seemed that it lasted longer than Purina or my feed mill brand.

Thanks for the input. The person at Southern States told me the grower was pellets. I guess I will see when it comes in on Thursday. The Countryside Naturals is not pellets, but not ground to dust either. And it is soy-free. Well, I will give it a try and the good thing is, if it does not work out, I can go back to the Countryside.

Quote:
Cindy you were right. Not that I doubted you. The Natures Best came in today and when I opened it, found that it was very finely ground. I mixed some in with the Countryside Naturals and the chickens have dumped alot of the finely ground food on the ground trying to get at the bigger pieces. Oh well, I tried. I am going to give it some time but I can see myself going back to the Countryside Naturals.

Thanks,

Terri

Back
Top Bottom