NC noob

PostconventionalMorality

In the Brooder
Feb 6, 2023
Hi there, I'm just going to use the template since I've never been great at intros,
1: I'm new to chickens, my family got our first pullets last summer.
2: We have 6 chickens, 5 hens and one rooster, although to be entirely honest we thought he was a hen until about 2 weeks ago.
3: We have 2 welsummers (Duck & Goose), 2 olive eggers (Shadow & Shade) , and 2 easter eggers (Dusk & The Dude).
4: I enjoy the eggs, but more so I enjoy how much my 4 year old likes interacting with the chickens and being a part of their lives and care. He wasn't interested in eating eggs for breakfast until he started gathering them with his dad. The chickens are also extremely patient with him.
5: I'm a full time nursing student and a mom so I don't really have time for many hobbies lately. We do try to make time to hike as a family 1-2 times a week though.
6: My family currently consists of me, my husband, our 4 year old, our 2 dogs (a mallinois named .tor and a lab/doberman named Google), a cat named Bing - although recently renamed Pictoria by aforementioned 4year old- and 8 quail. We are hoping to add 2 more chickens to the flock this summer as well.
7: I've been reading BYC posts since I got quail about 3 years ago, and decided to officallly join so that I could eventually post my own questions as well.

Back
Top Bottom