NC noob

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Hi there, I'm just going to use the template since I've never been great at intros,
1: I'm new to chickens, my family got our first pullets last summer.
2: We have 6 chickens, 5 hens and one rooster, although to be entirely honest we thought he was a hen until about 2 weeks ago.
3: We have 2 welsummers (Duck & Goose), 2 olive eggers (Shadow & Shade) , and 2 easter eggers (Dusk & The Dude).
4: I enjoy the eggs, but more so I enjoy how much my 4 year old likes interacting with the chickens and being a part of their lives and care. He wasn't interested in eating eggs for breakfast until he started gathering them with his dad. The chickens are also extremely patient with him.
5: I'm a full time nursing student and a mom so I don't really have time for many hobbies lately. We do try to make time to hike as a family 1-2 times a week though.
6: My family currently consists of me, my husband, our 4 year old, our 2 dogs (a mallinois named .tor and a lab/doberman named Google), a cat named Bing - although recently renamed Pictoria by aforementioned 4year old- and 8 quail. We are hoping to add 2 more chickens to the flock this summer as well.
7: I've been reading BYC posts since I got quail about 3 years ago, and decided to officallly join so that I could eventually post my own questions as well.
Welcome fellow Tarheeler! :celebrate

Where are you located? I'm in eastern NC.

Hi there, I'm just going to use the template since I've never been great at intros,
1: I'm new to chickens, my family got our first pullets last summer.
2: We have 6 chickens, 5 hens and one rooster, although to be entirely honest we thought he was a hen until about 2 weeks ago.
3: We have 2 welsummers (Duck & Goose), 2 olive eggers (Shadow & Shade) , and 2 easter eggers (Dusk & The Dude).
4: I enjoy the eggs, but more so I enjoy how much my 4 year old likes interacting with the chickens and being a part of their lives and care. He wasn't interested in eating eggs for breakfast until he started gathering them with his dad. The chickens are also extremely patient with him.
5: I'm a full time nursing student and a mom so I don't really have time for many hobbies lately. We do try to make time to hike as a family 1-2 times a week though.
6: My family currently consists of me, my husband, our 4 year old, our 2 dogs (a mallinois named .tor and a lab/doberman named Google), a cat named Bing - although recently renamed Pictoria by aforementioned 4year old- and 8 quail. We are hoping to add 2 more chickens to the flock this summer as well.
7: I've been reading BYC posts since I got quail about 3 years ago, and decided to officallly join so that I could eventually post my own questions as well.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom