I hate heat lamps! I was watering my cornish crosses that are in a different chicken house and I could smell smoke. Went into my new chicken house to get a bag of feed and found that one of the heat lamps had been untied and sitting on the wood floor. Unplugged the lamp immediately. I grabbed the waterer, luckily it was half full and dumped it on the charred spot. It had burned through the 3/4" plywood and through the double lap floor under that and was starting to burn into the support beam underneath. I sprayed water from underneath up on the charred spot. Now I get to listen to DH give me a "I told you so." Need to pick up some lumber tomorrow and dig out my skil saw and get it repaired. So anybody else almost burn down their chicken house too?