Last night it was very cold here. We had an improvised coop that I was trying to get us through the cold weather with. It had a heat lamp in it, but there wasn't room for the lamp to be placed appropriately. Sometime during the night the lamp must have been bumped or moved until the bulb faced against the wooden support. By morning it had BURNED all the way through the wood! There was a large hole! I was completely shocked. I expected scorching, but to burn a hole all the way through a 2x4?!?!? Of course I was afraid then that they had smoke inhalation, but they all seem fine! They moved into the new coop today! My back is killing me and we worked our boohinds off, but it got done in one day! I was afraid the lamp could burn the chickens or the wiring could start a fire, I had no idea the heat lamp could burn through wood!