Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
It really is hot! Had them in the coop everyday this week and in the house to the brooder at night. I have made sure they had water today, gave them cold strawberries and then a tub lid with about an inch of water with ice cubes to play in. When it hit 100 I went and brought them in. The run is not secure yet so it's in the house or in the coop.

I ran a soil soaker hose very slowly on top of the run with a dish to catch clean water for drinking so it would always been cool. They loved all of it! Although they drank more out of the puddles than the dish, lol.

I am in Louisville south of Omaha. I also have a Rooster that I am trying to rehome. If any Nebraskans are interested, I would be willing to deliver. He was sold to my as an Americauna, but I am told he is an Easter-Egger.

I am in Omaha. Just across the road from Boys Town. I have 6 hens in my backyard coop. Mine are white leghorns and black sex linked gals. I started my flock in March 2014. Unfortunately my neighbors started hating them in May when I moved them out to their new coop. I love the eggs and the entertainment that I get from my hens. It's better than...TV!

Back
Top Bottom