Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Brand new to the site, acreage life and chickens (but have been a beekeeper for a few years). Loving it!! Live in Murray (just south of Plattsmouth/Bellevue).

Welcome aboard!! I'm not far from you. We are just outside of Plattsmouth on a small acreage. We are headed down your way on the 4th for the Freedom Festival.

Hello Nebraska!

I'm not new to BYC, but I will be new to Nebraska by September or October. We bought a place in Brownville last summer, but I had to teach one more year in Kansas before I could retire and actually move there. Boy, is it a good time to get out of Kansas!

With the hassle of downsizing so we can move, and going back and forth from Wichita to Brownville at least twice a month, I decided to give most of my current flock to two young families from my church, and just start a new flock as soon as I can. I miss my chickens!! I'm trying to figure out how/where to build a coop (without spending a fortune), and I will be looking for birds as soon as I get that done.

We have six acres on the west edge of Brownville, and I know chickens are allowed, but probably not roosters. If anyone in southeast Nebraska will have chicks or young pullets for sale this fall, I hope to be ready to buy some. I'm trying to figure out how/where to build a coop (without spending a fortune), and I will be looking for birds as soon as I get that done.

Hello Nebraska!

I'm not new to BYC, but I will be new to Nebraska by September or October. We bought a place in Brownville last summer, but I had to teach one more year in Kansas before I could retire and actually move there. Boy, is it a good time to get out of Kansas!

With the hassle of downsizing so we can move, and going back and forth from Wichita to Brownville at least twice a month, I decided to give most of my current flock to two young families from my church, and just start a new flock as soon as I can. I miss my chickens!! I'm trying to figure out how/where to build a coop (without spending a fortune), and I will be looking for birds as soon as I get that done.

We have six acres on the west edge of Brownville, and I know chickens are allowed, but probably not roosters. If anyone in southeast Nebraska will have chicks or young pullets for sale this fall, I hope to be ready to buy some. I'm trying to figure out how/where to build a coop (without spending a fortune), and I will be looking for birds as soon as I get that done.
Hi from Omaha,
Why is it a good time to get out of Kansas ?
Thanks
mg

LOL! Good point, wthrLady!

But, to answer mg15, the state budget is a disaster, vital services keep getting cut further and further, and they seem to be trying to kill public schools; I just retired from teaching. I don't want to enumerate the details, but teachers across the state feel persecuted by the governor (Brownback) and the legislature. That's more politics than I normally discuss with anyone, so let's just say I'm ready to get outta "Brownbackistan".

Besides, Nebraska has HILLS! Wichita is flat, and I had to pay a yearly permit to have no more than 12 chickens. Phooey on that!

Oh from the sound of it, Kansas is worse then your average mess. Nebraska has its problems, personally not happy with the constant consolidation, but I live close enough to Kansas to have heard from more then one Kansaian things are bad there.

The girls taking a dust bath. :)

Back
Top Bottom