Neck injury and disorientation.

jessicalynnw123

Chirping
Jul 28, 2022
The day before my one of my chickens was grabbed on the neck feathers by another chicken and she was pulled and did a full somersault. Today her neck looks a little crooked and she seems disoriented like she can’t focus on me. She pants a little but not a ton. I gave her some selenium and B vitamins for good measure but when I just went to out her to bed she seemed like she couldn’t recognize me or see me! What do I do?!?

Do you have photos of her and her eyes?
Are her eyes dilated or abnormal looking?
A video of her actions may be helpful - upload video to youtube and provide a link.

You mention you went out to her bed and she seemed like she couldn't see you - where are you keeping her? Is the lighting low?

Not sure how much Selenium you are giving, but they do not need much. It's probably safer to just give her a little egg for Selenium. If she's holding her head crooked, you'll want to give her Vitamin E (400IU) along with 1/4 tablet B-Complex.

Do you have photos of her and her eyes?
Are her eyes dilated or abnormal looking?
A video of her actions may be helpful - upload video to youtube and provide a link.

You mention you went out to her bed and she seemed like she couldn't see you - where are you keeping her? Is the lighting low?

Not sure how much Selenium you are giving, but they do not need much. It's probably safer to just give her a little egg for Selenium. If she's holding her head crooked, you'll want to give her Vitamin E (400IU) along with 1/4 tablet B-Complex.

Back
Top Bottom