1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. rellikmalinois

rellikmalinois Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2013
    New Hampshire
    This is Mo my Polish x. She(i think) hatched out May 18th. We got a couple new chickens and while establishing a pecking order Mo got injured. Someone ripped all her neck feathers off, they came off in one ball. I caught a chicken running around with it. It bled lightly and has stopped but I am looking for first aid advice on it. I also have since moved her to a different coop.

[​IMG]

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Clean it with betadine or hibiclens and water, then dry it and apply plain Neosporin or other brand ointment. In a day or two, you can probably spray it with BluKote and try her back with her familiar chicks. Integrating new chickens needs to be done with a fence (temporary or otherwise) separating the groups over a week or two, and then you must be present to watch for bullies.

3. rellikmalinois

rellikmalinois Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Thank toy for the first aid advice. I did have them side by side for a week and supervised. This happened a day later

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by