Necropsy pictures, do the intestines look normal?

Does anyone have pictures of normal chicken intestines? I can't seem to find any on google for some reason, only infected chicken instines. These are from two different 5-7 week old birds. I have now had 20 birds die on me. 15 in one day, 2 yesterday, 3 this morning. I was thinking it was Coccodiais, I got them chemical treatement yesterday, put it in their water in the afternoon. One of the birds was actually pretty healthy, his crop was very full when I found him, so I'm surprised he died so suddenly, especially being that he was older, the first older bird to die and just so happen to be my favorite of course. I live in WA and I tried to call in WSU to get a necrospy test done, it's $100 here plus they told me they don't test on birds this young. I also have 10 adult birds but they are showing zero problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to note, I also found a few of these droppings, but I didn't find them until yesterday, AFTER so many birds died in one day.

They look pretty normal to me, though it's hard to tell with all the feathers mixed in there. I also can't really tell from the photo if the poo is bloody or just a cecal.

Did you open the intestines? If so, did you find anything unusual (worms, etc)?

They look pretty normal to me, though it's hard to tell with all the feathers mixed in there. I also can't really tell from the photo if the poo is bloody or just a cecal.

Did you open the intestines? If so, did you find anything unusual (worms, etc)?
There was like clumps of red mixed with the poo. I just don't why else young birds would sponataniously die if it's not from Cocci. The 10 adult birds are fine.

Back
Top Bottom