Need a hand with these Polish!!!

Half-a-dozen

Songster
12 Years
May 26, 2007
NJ
Because it has been chilly at night, I have closed the Large coop door and just have hatch access for the chickens to go into roost at night. These two rediculous polish (hens) refuse to go in but to roost in the doorway. The hatch is not that large so if they are in the doorway, the younger less experienced birds dont fight thier way to roost and just pop a sqwat outside!!!
he.gif

If I close the Little hatch and leave the large door open... everyone goes in to roost except for the two polish who walk up the ramp, see the door is closed and decide to just stay and sleep on the ramp!!!!
barnie.gif

This is really starting to drive me nuts!!!
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
I dont get it! Soon it will be too cold to snooze outdoors and they are not catching on!!! Let alone keeping the large door open.... I will have to soon keep it closed also. And when I do... everyone else will be blocked out!

Does anyone have a solution PLEASE!! I dont understand why they dont just walk off the ramp... and go inside at night! They clearly are not that bight!
roll.png

Last edited:
I have no advice other than grabbing them and tossing them inside. I'm about to go outside right now (nearly 9pm) and make sure all mine are in. I have to giggle tho. I love polish. They are so daffy! Mostly beauty less so much in the brain department.

Scoop them up, put them in the coop, dont give them the choice of sleeping outside.
I like Polish too, even if they are a little dingy....
big_smile.png

Well I was hoping I didnt have to go out every night to put them away but, I guess its inevitable.
roll.png
Ya know I thought it was just me thinking these polish were a little off. I guess it seems to just be the breed..... cause they are a handful when it comes to their unique situations! and let me say this is not the first!
roll.png

You are going to have to go out EVERYNIGHT
lau.gif
Snow,Rain, and Cold to put the cute little dopey birds away
th.gif
But did you expect this chicken thing to be easy
barnie.gif
It;s always something..They are Just DRAMA QUEEN'S wonder where they get that from
gig.gif
idunno.gif
...lol

Do you have a small enough cage that can fit inside your coop, but big enough to hold your two Polish hens. Leave them in the cage, inside the coop for 3 straight days and nights, with food and water of course.
Then release them; this should break their bad habit.

Back
Top Bottom