Need a hatch buddy... First time and NERVOUS!!(March

Yes! Hatch buddies!! Anyway, I am using a little giant incubator with auto egg tuner. The eggs are actually from my hens. I figured I needed to learn how before trying some expensive eggs. Lol.
lol.png

So excited! This will be my first hatch as well, and I decided to go with dry incubation since I live in humid Florida.

I also decided on dry hatch. I live in Mississippi. Our weather is always humid. Lol​

So excited! This will be my first hatch as well, and I decided to go with dry incubation since I live in humid Florida.

I also decided on dry hatch. I live in Mississippi. Our weather is always humid. Lol​

Id be happy to share the scare...had a bad 1st hatch a few weeks ago with shipped eggs, only 2 of 21 hatched to a live chick.
wink.png
I now have 13 silkie eggs due April 4, bought from a breeder about 2 hrs away, I drove those babies home! Hope I have better luck this time...
fl.gif
Good luck to you!

buckaroo's wife :

I did the dry incubation method with an LG incubator. Yesterday was hatch day, so far I have 10 chicks out and 6 more eggs to go - most of which have pipped. Good luck!!!

Sounds like a pretty good hatch! What's your temp at?​

First time hatcher here too. I set some of my call duck eggs in a Hovabator with fan & turner on March 17th. Have had some problems getting the temp and humidity just right so I'm already thinking I won't have any luck. I think I'll candle tuesday just to see if anything is developing.

Hi,
I'm a first time hatcher too! I set mine up last night, 24 Serama eggs
smile.png
))) I'm using a Hovabator with fan, but I will be hand turning. The temps did go down for a few hours after I put the eggs in ... actually for a long time they were in the 98.8 range and I was getting super worried. But then sometime early morning-ish when I went to check on them, the temp in the wiggly thing was back to exactly 99.5 and the temp on top of the eggs is 101. It was really hard not to crank the temp up. My humidity is at 45 - 50%. I think I'll have to add water every few days since it's really dry here in Arizona. I'm really nervous on one hand because they are Serama eggs, and I really, really want them to hatch. But on the other hand I'm feeling confident because my temps and humidity are back to being stable - relief!!! And of course I've been researching everything I can get my hands on!!!
Michele

Back
Top Bottom