Need a little emergency help-please

mustangrooster

Songster
Mar 2, 2016
1,123
529
232
A little on the crazy side.
Hello all.

I'll get straight to the point. X-amount of weeks ago I set around 7 eggs in the bator. But I got very disappointed once I realised all the Humidity and Temperature Fluctuating problems so I didn't think the eggs would make it. I continued turning the eggs each day but in a little hope I didn't think they would survive. I soon lost track of the days the eggs were on but decided to candle them.

All were alive expect one quitter. But the eggs were all at different stages- which gave me another problem.

Today I am worried. Two of the eggs that are up to the same stage have filled up the whole egg and are slightly rocking. Because I have no clue about the day they are on im not sure if I should lower the temp, raise the humidity and put them on lockdown.

I would hate to the kill the eggs because of me being clueless about the day they are on. My last incubating was a disaster, so I would appreciate any given help.

Thanks

-Mustang
 
Last edited:

mustangrooster

Songster
Mar 2, 2016
1,123
529
232
A little on the crazy side.
One of the egg air cells have a clear angle (Dipping down on one side) However, The other was a little hard to tell but I can see a angle/dip. These two eggs are small, They are from my Ancona girl.

EDIT:
Id like to add that they feel lighter than the egg you'd get when first setting-For me that's a sign that their is a full formed chick in their. But there are other aged chicks in the 'bator so if I put them on lockdown Im saving two but loosing about 5 chicks. Which option is better?
 
Last edited:

Ravynscroft

For the Love of Duck
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Nov 30, 2014
34,686
33,382
1,166
Middle Tennessee
I'd wait until first pip, then up the humidity... check the others when you do that and see if they've dipped... many people do staggered hatches in one bator, so don't write the others off yet... :)
 

mustangrooster

Songster
Mar 2, 2016
1,123
529
232
A little on the crazy side.
I'd wait until first pip, then up the humidity... check the others when you do that and see if they've dipped... many people do staggered hatches in one bator, so don't write the others off yet...
smile.png

So should I just raise the humidity and see what happens? I'll candle the other eggs now..
 

New posts New threads Active threads

Top Bottom