Need Advice and Help about candling Brahmah eggs

Sretsmart

In the Brooder
May 26, 2020
So I ordered some Brahmah eggs online and they shipped here,one had a hairline crack and I threw it as it leaking. It has been 5 days now and I just candled them. The eggs were dark but only the yolk not most of the egg and I did not seem to see any blood vessels or embryo,is it a little early or something else? I am incubating them with some of my Arab bantam eggs and they are growing fine and have made significant progress since day 1

So I ordered some Brahmah eggs online and they shipped here,one had a hairline crack and I threw it as it leaking. It has been 5 days now and I just candled them. The eggs were dark but only the yolk not most of the egg and I did not seem to see any blood vessels or embryo,is it a little early or something else? I am incubating them with some of my Arab bantam eggs and they are growing fine and have made significant progress since day 1
Hm. Can you take some candling pics in a dark room? Any movement?

There is no movement and I'm only able to upload images tomorrow cause its kinda late now
Oh, ok. Sounds good. It's only 2 p.m. here. I'm guessing you aren't in the US? I'll watch for pics!
Also, welcome to BYC!

Oh, ok. Sounds good. It's only 2 p.m. here. I'm guessing you aren't in the US? I'll watch for pics!
Also, welcome to BYC!
Yes I am indeed not from the US and I have taken a few pictures with my phonr camera

IMG-20200527-WA0035.jpg
IMG-20200527-WA0034.jpg
IMG-20200527-WA0033.jpg
IMG-20200527-WA0031.jpg
IMG-20200527-WA0032.jpg

Today is the 5th day and I don't see any progress so far unlike my bantam eggs which had shown veins on day 3

Yes I am indeed not from the US and I have taken a few pictures with my phonr camera

View attachment 2162483View attachment 2162484View attachment 2162485View attachment 2162486View attachment 2162487
Today is the 5th day and I don't see any progress so far unlike my bantam eggs which had shown veins on day 3
Since they're brown eggs I'd wait until day 7 to candle. Bantams have thinner shells so they're easier to see through. They look like they're starting to develop. Candle again on day 7 and don't throw out and eggs until day 14 just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom