Need Advice Help

LadyChick828

Hatching
May 6, 2021
This is my first time hatching chicks. We've had chickens for several years now. I have a year old Frizzle who is laying on 5 eggs. I thought I had counted the days right because yesterday was day 21 but I feel like I must be a day or so off. Today I went out to see how they were doing and there is still no pipping or any sign of hatching, and I candlelit them yesterday and they weren't reaching the aircell yet. There's still movement and sign of life in the egg. I'm at a loss for what to do.

This is my first time hatching chicks. We've had chickens for several years now. I have a year old Frizzle who is laying on 5 eggs. I thought I had counted the days right because yesterday was day 21 but I feel like I must be a day or so off. Today I went out to see how they were doing and there is still no pipping or any sign of hatching, and I candlelit them yesterday and they weren't reaching the aircell yet. There's still movement and sign of life in the egg. I'm at a loss for what to do.
Wait.
Oh, and welcome to BYC.

Did you count the first day as day 0?
You could also be running a slightly low incubator temp. If everything is good, you'll be suprised how fast they come. They're just waiting for you to go to bed, that's all! Lol

You could also be running a slightly low incubator temp. If everything is good, you'll be suprised how fast they come. They're just waiting for you to go to bed, that's all! Lol
Good point on the day count..start the day after set . which is always hard when the hen is sitting, you can't always be sure when to start counting, unless, you out them there to start. 🤷.

The incubator is a hen so I bet it's just perfect!

Back
Top Bottom