1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need Advice on Most Accurate Temperature and Humidity Product Available...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TammyF, Feb 19, 2015.

1. TammyF

TammyF Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2014
    Hello Everyone!!!! Im having a lot of low temp issues with my hatches. I finally got the humidity issue figured out but eggs are still hatching really late and the hatch rate is super low. Im losing a lot of chicks and its breaking my heart. I want to know if anyone can advise me to the best kind of temp and humidity guage that I can put inside my incubator to help better control my temperature. Thanks in Advance to anyone that can help.

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I used the digital type that you can buy at Walmart. It has temp on one side and humidity on the other. Works with one triple-A battery. I have used them for years.

1 person likes this.
  3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I use a Brinsea Spot Check, its incredibly accurate. For humidity, I just have 2 super cheap thermometer/hygrometer combos I got from TSC. I also have a digital therm/hygro I got from Walmart. The temp part is WAY off, but the hygro is pretty close to being accurate (-2%).

Good luck!

4. GAQuail

GAQuail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2012
    Bishop, Georgia

I have exactly the same experience as you. Brinsea spot check very accurate. Wal-mart digital not so much on the temperature side.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by