Need advice on my roo and 2 hens- keeping them inside

staciagroovy

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 4, 2014
I have have had my chickens for a few months now and recently found out I'm not allowed to have them. If I get a complaint about them I will have to get rid of them and at this point that is not an option, they are my babies. My only concern is my roo, he is a cochin and hasn't started crowing yet. Can I move their coop into my climate controlled garage and free range them daily to make sure my roo doesn't disturb my neighbors? I will get him a no crow collar when he begins to crow if needed. Any advice helpful!

welcome-byc.gif
The rooster is probably a problem waiting to happen. The 'no crow collar' may help, but I would be concerned that he is going to draw attention to your chickens causing a complaint. Good luck in resolving this situation.

I will get him a no crow collar when he begins to crow if needed. Any advice helpful!

From what I've been seeing in reviews, people are having greater success if they put the collar on before the roo starts crowing. And he WILL start crowing, so if you're trying to keep him on the DL, I'd get one sooner rather than later. And even then, he'll still crow, it will just be at a lower volume.

Thank you, I found a great home for him. I would hate to have to get rid of my hens too because of a complaint. :)

Back
Top Bottom