Need advice on run design...please :)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by RockyToggRanch, Jun 12, 2009.

1. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Songster

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I built a new barn last fall. It's built up on quite a bit of gravel on the corner that the coop is in. I really would like a run to keep these brats more contained. But I'm not sure how to incorporate a run into a hillside. It's about 2-3 feet up and out about the same distance from the side of the barn. Does anyone have advice or pix that might help? Thanks!

Cindy

eta..also, the snow falls off the roof on that side. So, the first section will have a roof breaking the snow away from the rest of the run....I think.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
  2. sillybirds

sillybirds Songster

Aug 5, 2008
    California
    Can you post a picture of what you're talking about? That would make it easier to give advice.

3. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Songster

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Yep, I'll get pix today.

4. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Songster

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Sorry I kept forgetting to take pictures and I remembered I already had some from the build.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The coop is in the back corner, where the board rests against the building in the last picture. It's 7 1/2' wide, between the posts and 10' from wall to center aisle. That corner is built up on gravel so outside of barn wall drops off about 3' starting about 3' from the side.

if you click the pictures they will enlarge.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: