1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need advice -- torn on whether to keep gosling or return him to farm after four days of raising him

Discussion in 'Geese' started by joya250, Feb 23, 2016.

1. joya250

joya250 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2016
    Hey Servpolice! Thank you! I didn't know what kind of goose he is. I was told his parents were white. But now I will look up about brown chinese! :) Thanks!!! Joy

[​IMG]

^^^ The 'kids' are still getting aquainted with each other. Luz the Goose and Tyler the Cat.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  2. servpolice

servpolice Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    Well if he had white parents he could be a crossbreed still looks like a Chinese though ;)
    But you'll see in a few weeks

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Sweet pics

4. Carrosaur

Carrosaur Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Very cute. There's a ton of info on keeping house geese online and on BYC, I advise you read AS MUCH as you possibly can! Please realize a goose is a social animal and needs much more care and attention than a cat or a dog, even certain parrots. This is a very long commitment you are making, up to 20 years!!! Good luck! Look forward to seeing little Luz grow up

5. AmericanMom

AmericanMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon
    I guess the one thing I havent read is if you had the permission of the farm to keep the goose?

6. joya250

Feb 21, 2016
    A rather intrusive and assumptive question, to which the answer is "yes".

7. AmericanMom

AmericanMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon
    How is it invasive or assumptive?

I simply asked a question of the OP as I didn't see that question asked or answered until now ... [​IMG]

8. joya250

Feb 21, 2016
    Well, since you asked:

invasive = I don't know how it directly concerns you. Whatever arrangement I have with the farm is between me and the farmer.
    assumptive = The question seemed to assume that I did not have permission from the farm.

*** Edited to add: I apologise if my response seems abrasive. Perhaps it was not your intent, but I felt as if I were being attacked and thus responded in defense. Peace.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  9. pattyhen

pattyhen Chicks Ducks oh my

Apr 20, 2007
    Bless your heart for keep him. Please keep us posted with pics. I'm glad he is doing better with the cat. They might be best friends shortly.

1 person likes this.
  10. joya250

Feb 21, 2016
    [​IMG]
    "Did someone ask for a pic?"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by