need advise on my hurt f mallard

lovemy mallards

Chirping
Dec 30, 2015
MARION COUNTY TN
the day before yesterday I notice my male matting my female on the hard ground. normally this happens in the pool. but it had been raining for a week, so they wouldn't get in it. anyway she seemed fine that morning but by that night she couldn't reach up to grab a treat from my hand. yesterday morning I notice she's also limping to . I think hes hurt her back. this morning she seems a little better, not real sure, what kind of vitimans could I get her or what can I do for her..... thanks also what kind of different foods can I give them they are 8 months old I've always done the cracked corn. tried different stuff to. please any help

She is likely injured, but as long as he doesn't continue to try to breed with her, and she doesn't get frightened and try to run about or anything, she should heal. You could try separating her from him until she is better. Vitamins are always useful, but extra vitamins are likely not necessary in this case. Just keep her calm and content and she should heal on her own. Do keep a close watch on her and the other hens, as drakes can be quite rough, particularly if there are not enough hens to keep them busy with.
If there is no duck food in the area, chicken layer feed can be used for laying hens. However, the high calcium content is not healthy for non-laying ducks or for drakes. In that case, you could search for non-laying rations and just offer calcium to the hens.

I hope this helps some, and I hope she starts feeling better.
smile.png

She is doing really good. Yesterday morning she finally got in the pool. First time in 4 days I was so happy.she's moving around a lot better. Doesn't seem to be limping. So I am so thankful. Thanks. So much to everyone

Back
Top Bottom