Need advise quickly

Thanks for sharing, that's good to know. I had four quail hatch yesterday with foot/leg problems due to temperature being off during incubation. One of them is fine now, which is amazing. Maybe I should have waited longer before culling the others because they were eating/drinking. This was my first time incubating/hatching.

That's great news!!! It is so much better when they just get well on their own. How is his belly?

When you put him back in with the other chicks don't be surprised if there is some pecking. That's normal. Just be prepared to remove him if it gets out of hand.

His belly has no problems at all. I didn't separate him because there wasn't too much of a problem with pecking. There was only one chick that would occasionally peck at him, but I haven't seen any pecking for about 24 hours. Here's a cool story: The last one to hatch was super small and was fairly weak. I kept him in the incubator for about 8 hours past the other ones. When I put him in the brooder with the others there was that one chick who sometimes pecks at others and he was about to harass the weak one. To my astonishment another chick came over, bit the wing of the aggressor and pulled him away and became the protector of the weak one. Another quail came over too and they've been looking out for him. I went to pick up the weak one on another occasion and they ran over to my hand like they were trying to protect him. Cool behavior. On another note, I have my meal worms set up for when they are old enough to eat them!

Back
Top Bottom