Need advise to save my wounded chick

Meli3887

Hatching
Jun 16, 2017
I have a chick that was born about a month ago. She was bit under her wing and now won't eat or drink. I've been adding water to her starter feed to try and get her to eat but nothing. I can't get her to open her beak long enough to get anything in. I don't want her die any advice please! As far as the wound I have washed it and apply anaseptic spray. Any advise helps!

How long ago was she bitten? Does the wound pierce her abdomen?
If she's not willing to eat it is likely because the wound is severe, and either involves internal damage or systemic infection.
Cleaning it and antiseptic spray was a good idea. Is she drinking water? If so, you can try adding a small amount of sugar to the water to give her a little energy.

She was bitten 3 or 4 days ago. The wound is up under her wing right by the crees. And no im having a really hard time getting anything in her not even water

The underside of her wing? Or on her body, under the wing? Is it red, swollen, or oozing? What's her activity level- is she lethargic or still moving around?

No oozing or swelling it's on the body part. She just sleeps until I make her drink
14976195453981862759785.jpg

I'm so sorry to say this, but it sounds like you have a dying chick. The bite likely damaged internal organs. Try to keep her warm and quiet, don't stress her by forcing her to eat.
You have my sympathy.

Back
Top Bottom