Need an easy way to make nest boxes

ya or cut a hole in a plastic box then you can take cover of and take eggs out
thumbsup.gif

You can use 5 gallon buckets but my hens don't really like them. I had 4 in the coop and they only used 1 and layed the rest of the eggs in a corner.
hu.gif
Thats pretty discouraging for the fowl stuff cover and perch. I haven't tried one but have thought about it, any ideas why they are not interested?

The nestboxes I have been using for my birds for six years now and are perfect for any size bird (I have large fowl brahmas) - covered kitty litter pans, bolted to the floor. You can get them cheap at dollar stores. If you don't want them bolted to the floor you can use something heavy (like a brick) under a good amount of bedding material to keep them from tipping when the hen steps in.

ETA: I have some of the fowl stuff covers on 5 gallon buckets in a coop. The only ones that can fit into them (even with the hole in the cover enlarged) are smaller hens, like production reds.

Last edited:
thank you thank you thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goodpost.gif
goodpost.gif

Back
Top Bottom