Need answer to size of door for coop??

mmtillman

Songster
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
Southwest MO near the ARK line
Hubby and I have the coop all finished ....wiring done today...
big_smile.png

AND THERE WAS LIGHT!
wink.png
When we flipped the switch!!
cool.png

All we lack now is that little door
hmm.png
down by the floor that the chickens will exit to the run each day. POP door??
idunno.gif

Hubby wants to start cutting it out and making it , real early in the morning , but wants to draw out his plans tonight.
He is gonna make a little sliding door with a cable attached , that I can raise from outside the coop, each morning ,
smile.png
before I go in the human sized door on the front.
I read a thread just the other day ....where someone was asking what size that door should be??
But I cant find it now....I am goin to have large hens... DOM, RIR, BUFFS, and BROWN LEGHORNS .....To arrive on April 2.
big_smile.png

I hope to get Bantys and Silkies at a later date !!
wee.gif
\\
Anyway..we just need the average dimensions for that pop door??
Thanks again for everyone help so far !!
frow.gif

Mine is 12 x 14 tall. The birds will occasionally push through 2 at a time. I have rirs and EEs that make the rirs look small. My door is a double dog door, as in 2 lexan doors hinged on the outside that meet in the middle.

Quote:
Oh yes.....soon as we add that little door I will show everyone how it turned out for sure! We planned on working on it today...but it is like 32* with the wind blowing 200
wink.png
mph!!! So we are gonna wait on a warmer day!
roll.png

I am sooooooooooo ready for spring!!!!!!! Cause that is when I get my chicks!!!!!
wee.gif

My coop door is 12 inches high and 9 inches wide. My buff rock and buff orpington roosters have no problems getting in and out. Originally it was 13 1/2 inches tall and 10 1/2 inches wide but my 75 lb dogs could get into the coop.

Back
Top Bottom