need answers on chicken questions? get nearly all your chicken questions answered right here right n

Pics
I need help on a crouching hen that I noticed has mites also. She doesn't look very good and very new at this, Please help me to bring her back to health again, I hate looking at her this way, poor baby, Can anyone give me pointers please? Like I said, im very new at this and any help will do. I want my hen back to normal again...ty

Last edited:
please can you text my phone so i dont wake up hubby. number is 530 321 0291 i could tell you everything i know about my hen

I have a silkie rooster that is only 2 years old. A couple weeks ago, we let him out and he was limping on his left leg and then it got better. Then it switched to his right leg, it had just got worse. Now he has to sit with his right leg stuck out. He looses his balance and falls forward and can't sit back up. We have him propped up in a pin in the house. The vet gave him steroids, antibiotics, and pain relievers to take every day for 2 weeks but she thought it was neurological. We are a week in and he is not any better. His comb had always been big and rough but I notices today it is soft and squishy. He acts like he can't see really good but he is eating and drinking pretty good. His right foot looks like its trying to draw up but the vet pinched his toes and he has feeling gin it. Does anybody know what this could be caused by and if so is it treatable?

Have any chicken questions that need answering? I'm your gal, I've studied chickens for over 5yrs so ask away, and I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability.
wink.png

Hi

I would like to ask a question? Can I give my hen and rooster a year old medicated chicken feed ?

Thank you

Recently I have been looking for laying hens and got lucky through an add online in my area selling their chickens due to moving, they had to sell all their animals actually. One of the chickens I got I realized after releasing them in their new grassy home (which their old home was in very very bad condition with no grass at all
1f62c.png
) well one of the new birds top beak is broken off with hardly anything left of it. I'm very new to chickens and this might be a very dumb question to a chicken expert, but is it possible that it will grow back? Is there anything I can do to help her and will this effect her eating or drinking? She's a little over a year?

I had 3 baby chickens at 2 days old. they were happy and healthy but at 8 weeks old , I found 1 laying in coop dead. No marks on her at all but it seemed her head and neck were wet. some animal had been trying to get in coop but couldnt.

I need advice from a chicken expert(s)!
Our home-made coop for our two girls is just to keep them safe & cosy till they're let out to have fun freeranging each day, but it does have a 3.5 x 1m enclosed run too. But they're not using the rooster bar. I even extended the roof & raised the bar. I know the girls would be happier on the perch....can anyone suggest what I change so they get on it?
Also, they're not laying on the 'laying shelf', even when we put a divider in (2 sections 32x30cm). I'm going to add a front and back to make it deeper..but again, I'd love suggestions.

Any recommendations on getting rid of/controlling the Darkling Beetles that are in my coop? I have Silkie chickens. Their coop has a dirt floor with a "sleeping" mound of shavings in a corner. They don't seem to eat the beers but they don't eat at night and there's no sign of the bugs during the day. There are SO many! It's really bothering me. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom