need chickens in Ohio

thewobsers

Songster
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
near toledo ohio
Hello, we are building our coop and are looking for chickens.
Does anyone have any delaware,rhode island reds,silver or golden laced wing, new hamshire red or buff orpingtons they want to give away or sell? We are starting out and are looking forward to teaching our children the wonderful world of chickens. Or what hatcheries does anyone reccommend?
Thanks for any info.
The Wobsers

I really love meyer hatchery which is located in polk,ohio. The chicks are healthy, I think they still have all your selections and I highly reccomend them. I bought all of my chicks from them last year. I went with welp this year, wanted some welsummers and a few other rare breeds meyers did not carry.

thank you for the hatcheries info. Appreciate any advice can get.
the wobsers:)
smile.png

I second the Meyer Hatchery. I have ordered from them a couple of times and have been happy with the birds. The chicks have made it all the way to Colorado and I think I only lost one or two chicks. They are so close to you that I would think give them a try.

Third for Meyer.
yippiechickie.gif

You should order ahead of time, you will have to wait a few weeks for the chicks to be born. In that few weeks research brooders and work on that coop.

It looks like you are withing 2 hours of them, I would highly recommend picking them up at the hatchery and bringing them home. It would be far less stressful and better for the chicks or pullets.

I'm not sure where Elmore is located, but I have ordered from Ridgway Hatchery in LaRue (just west of Marion) and I was happy with them. I picked up my order from them last year. This year I ordered from Meyer because they carried a breed that I wanted so we'll see how that goes
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom