Need experiences with Gabbard Farm eggs

Brindlebtch

Songster
10 Years
Apr 15, 2009
Texas
I'm thinking of ordering some Golden Cuckoo Marans eggs from Gabbard Farms, and was wondering if anybody else has ordered eggs from them and how their experiences were.

I purchased 10 BLRW eggs from them and I recieved 12 eggs. My sisters NHR went broody on day 2 of incubation and so we put 6 under her. Of the 12 all 6 hatche under the broody and 4 of the 6 in the bator hatched. In the bator we had one clear egg and one blood ring.
So of the 12 eggs from Gabbard hatching eggs 10 hatched! I was very happy with that!

I just set 24 BR's from Julie yesterday. The first ones I ordered from her were all wiped out by defective bator. They both arrived very well packaged. Of the 24 I received yesterday, only 1 had a detached air cell. She has very good Ebay feedback also.

Last edited:
I was very pleased with my eggs from her. They were very well packed, marked and shipped. Got a very high hatch rate too and the chickens are beautiful (had to re-home two roosters).

I got the 24 assorted eggs from Julie. They all arrived unbroken. I had 9 chics hatch. The incubation process went off without a catch. Almost half of the unhatched eggs were clear. I only had 1 blood-ring, and three quitters. My one chic a blue Orpington is having a ton of leg problems. My other 8 chic are healthy. You might check out the auction on this forum. I saw golden cuckoos on there. Good luck. Love your avatar.

Out of 6 dozen eggs from gabbard farm I've gotten 4 chicks so far. None of the eggs were broken but 1 whole dozen in one shipment and half a dozen in another were scrambled. The rest quit around day 5-10. I'd love some bantam barnvelders but for some reason eggs just can't get from there to here.

Quote:
That is what I meant to say.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom