Need expert confirmation please.

gabrielle1976

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Columbia river gorge
Ok these guys are 17 days old now so I decided to try sexing them again.

23413_061109_175100.jpg

Baby Roo

23413_061109_175500.jpg

Baby Roo

23413_061109_175700.jpg

Baby Hen

23413_061109_175600.jpg

Baby Hen ?? this is the only one I have doubts about

I am new at this .. Did I get it right ?

Thank you , also is it ok if there are 2 boys and 2 girls will the girls need little quail saddles for all the one on one attention?
I have another quetion , when I pick them up they go spastic then they like colapse in my hand you can kinda see it in the pic they just drop there head like there so tired then a few moments later they get all spunky again, are they really wearing them selfs down then perking up that fast or are they playing at calming down to let my guard down or what ?

Quote:
they may be aspriating slightly and almost passing out to be honest
lau.gif
I get vomited on atleast once a week whenim handling my quails
lau.gif
and some dont vomit out their beaks and end up aspirating. they get over it once htey are let go but they are such drama queens I tell ya!
smile.png
In the pictures however it just looks like they calmed down
smile.png

oh and two roos two hens in that order for sure
big_smile.png

Last edited:
when the roo is ready to breed he grabs the hen by the back of the head and drags her down..if she wont lay for him he will just keep grabbing her repeatedly by the back of the head and sometimes she will end up scalped....

I wouldnt worry about a saddle, get ya a football helmet off a bobble head figure and put it on the hens!!! Quail can be and are brutal in my limited experience. Thats why i have a triage unit set-up!! However everything is peaceful in the breeding pens now, especially since i did away with an agressive hen and increased my hens per rooster situation.

Back
Top Bottom