Need fencing ideas to hold dog

I'd recommend electric wire. Sorry if this causes controversy... but I use it for fencing my Rottweiler in and she has never escaped. With you talking about it bring rocky, I assume you can easily just stick the plastic poles at different elevations and string the wire along there.
Screenshot_20210418-191549_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210418-191358_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210418-191238_Chrome.jpg

Thing with dogs and fences are they need to be well secured. Like 2-3 feet of posts in the ground to hold it from falling over. That is the main challenge when building a fence. Rocks can be built over but if you cannot dig 3 feet into the ground then you cannot erect a fence well.
Electric fencing would scare me too much. I have seen it work but I am fairly sure it would not work on my dog, when he sees another dog he doesn't like he'll be off like a rocket and by the time he has charged through the electric fence and ripped it all down he might feel the shock but by then the fence will already be ripped off and he'll be "right I'm outa here.

He is also able to jump over a 4 foot fence so how high do these electric fences go?

They might be great but after spending 200 dollars on one if my dog runs through it before feeling a shock I'd be devastated.

Thing with dogs and fences are they need to be well secured. Like 2-3 feet of posts in the ground to hold it from falling over. That is the main challenge when building a fence. Rocks can be built over but if you cannot dig 3 feet into the ground then you cannot erect a fence well.
Electric fencing would scare me too much. I have seen it work but I am fairly sure it would not work on my dog, when he sees another dog he doesn't like he'll be off like a rocket and by the time he has charged through the electric fence and ripped it all down he might feel the shock but by then the fence will already be ripped off and he'll be "right I'm outa here.

He is also able to jump over a 4 foot fence so how high do these electric fences go?

They might be great but after spending 200 dollars on one if my dog runs through it before feeling a shock I'd be devastated
I like how you dialoged what your dog would be thinking😂

But I would be SO surprised if a dog could jump over that. I mean, unless you got some kinda super dog. I would guess that if you put up a 4 ft wooden fence, it'd easily be able to scale it because it could kinda climb up it and use it as leverage, if you know what I mean. But a electric fence they'd have to take a run at it and completely scale it without even touching a small toe to it. I think if my dog was going to get out of it, she would have already. Like the ducks and chickens(her favorite prey) are right on the other side so... if she was going to jump it, I'm sure she would have already. Also, I've touched the fence and hah, I wouldn't want to again! It's was more of a jolt than a shock but it certainly took me off guard. Also, I love that she has so much room to freely run now. I'll try to send pics tomorrow.

I like how you dialoged what your dog would be thinking😂

But I would be SO surprised if a dog could jump over that. I mean, unless you got some kinda super dog. I would guess that if you put up a 4 ft wooden fence, it'd easily be able to scale it because it could kinda climb up it and use it as leverage, if you know what I mean. But a electric fence they'd have to take a run at it and completely scale it without even touching a small toe to it. I think if my dog was going to get out of it, she would have already. Like the ducks and chickens(her favorite prey) are right on the other side so... if she was going to jump it, I'm sure she would have already. Also, I've touched the fence and hah, I wouldn't want to again! It's was more of a jolt than a shock but it certainly took me off guard. Also, I love that she has so much room to freely run now. I'll try to send pics tomorrow.
We had labs growing up that could EASILY jump over our field fencing. It was over 4 ft with a barb wire across the topmost part, putting it at about 4.5 ft. They were both exceptional jumpers though, they had an open gate 10 feet away and would always jump instead lol. (One time one of them didn't clear it fully and ripped his penis partway off.) An expensive surgery later he was back to jumping them again🤦🤦. We also had a hellion lab that would scale (just like you mentioned) our 6ft privacy fence to have a jaunt around the neighborhood. He also would destroy fencing like the hulk burst through it. Labs are insane lol. Thankfully my dad was a contractor that could fix it everytime, but what a pain in the rear dog, haha!
We also had another dog (not a lab) who wouldn't even jump into the car or on the couch. We had to lift her 65lbs every time to help her climb in! 😂😂 Dogs are all so different, you never know if you're going to get a low escape personality or a do everything under the sun to get out personality, lol!

We had labs growing up that could EASILY jump over our field fencing. It was over 4 ft with a barb wire across the topmost part, putting it at about 4.5 ft. They were both exceptional jumpers though, they had an open gate 10 feet away and would always jump instead lol. (One time one of them didn't clear it fully and ripped his penis partway off.) An expensive surgery later he was back to jumping them again🤦🤦. We also had a hellion lab that would scale (just like you mentioned) our 6ft privacy fence to have a jaunt around the neighborhood. He also would destroy fencing like the hulk burst through it. Labs are insane lol. Thankfully my dad was a contractor that could fix it everytime, but what a pain in the rear dog, haha!
We also had another dog (not a lab) who wouldn't even jump into the car or on the couch. We had to lift her 65lbs every time to help her climb in! 😂😂 Dogs are all so different, you never know if you're going to get a low escape personality or a do everything under the sun to get out personality, lol!
Wow...🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom