Need frostbite help!! More ventilation or more heat? I don't know!!!!

Thank you very much for the info. I've already read at least a couple of those articles and it was good info. I guess I just need to know how to apply that specifically in my situation. Should I take the tarps back down and just have the whole top of the coop and one of the sides open to the barn air like it was before? And continue to open/crack the outer barn doors? Or does that create too much of a draft? That's part of the reason why I put the tarps up tho, so there's no draft. Should I turn off the heat lamp? Maybe I just need to go back to how I had it before, and just attribute the original frostbite to the ridiculously cold temperatures during the cold snap, and that those original chickens' frostbite getting worse was just the normal progression, and the fact that more chickens got frostbite last night was due to my attempting to increase the heat with tarps. Even tho that should have been fine because there was still plenty if adequate ventilation. I just dont know what exactly I need to do!!

Back
Top Bottom