Need Good Boots

Liz Birdlover

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Jan 6, 2018
Delaware, USA
Just figured I'd ask the experts here!
We've all bought what we thought were good boots at some point, only to be disappointed when they fell apart or got a wet sock 6 mos. later.

Am I expecting too much when I think they should last longer?
My boots back in the day did!
They don't make 'em like they used to?

Well, here I am, needing another good pair of boots...before I spend more time reading reviews, which often are fake, I wanna know darn it, what's a good pair of boots!?

I'm leaning towards a pair of Muckboot brand. Please give me your honest 2 cents worth, I appreciate it! 😁

Just figured I'd ask the experts here!
We've all bought what we thought were good boots at some point, only to be disappointed when they fell apart or got a wet sock 6 mos. later.

Am I expecting too much when I think they should last longer?
My boots back in the day did!
They don't make 'em like they used to?

Well, here I am, needing another good pair of boots...before I spend more time reading reviews, which often are fake, I wanna know darn it, what's a good pair of boots!?

I'm leaning towards a pair of Muckboot brand. Please give me your honest 2 cents worth, I appreciate it! 😁
Mucks or Bogs work very well. If you’re around sticks, wire or other pokey things it’s likely the neoprene will get holes in it and leak. Also, they make versions with different soles. Some have steel shanks, others don’t. Not typically a big deal unless you start stepping on a shovel to dig.

Mucks or Bogs work very well. If you’re around sticks, wire or other pokey things it’s likely the neoprene will get holes in it and leak. Also, they make versions with different soles. Some have steel shanks, others don’t. Not typically a big deal unless you start stepping on a shovel to dig.
Mine are currently leaking at cracked stress points. It's a "worn out" & not a "hole poke" incident. Obviously planned obsolescence, both feet cracked same time. I realize it's how they make their money, when we buy new boots, so they're not going to make boots that last forever, but darn, a measly 6 mos. when I hardly wore them over summer? That stinks!

Attachments

• 20201118_144804.jpg
    20201118_144804.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20201118_144756.jpg
    20201118_144756.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom