Need help ASAP please!

Well my little peep is still with me this morning, to keep an eye on it I have it wrapped and tucked in my shirt, lol. It seems to have a hard time swallowing food, maybe because it's so weak, there was a point yesterday evening when I thought it was dying, but no. I'm giving it very small amounts of chick feed with water and Poly Vi Sol now, and a little sugar water. I knew our local hardware/feed store wouldn't carry the Sav-A-Chick, so I ordered both kinds on ebay, since once the new incubator arrives, I'll be starting a new batch of eggs. I named my little peep Precious, I so hope it lives. I can only try and do my best. I thought it had a birth defect, it has extra little toes, but I found out it's normal for that breed, lol. Anyway, that's my update for now, I'll keep you posted if anything happens, one way or the other. Have a great day everyone!

Dianna

Well my little peep is still with me this morning, to keep an eye on it I have it wrapped and tucked in my shirt, lol. It seems to have a hard time swallowing food, maybe because it's so weak, there was a point yesterday evening when I thought it was dying, but no. I'm giving it very small amounts of chick feed with water and Poly Vi Sol now, and a little sugar water. I knew our local hardware/feed store wouldn't carry the Sav-A-Chick, so I ordered both kinds on ebay, since once the new incubator arrives, I'll be starting a new batch of eggs. I named my little peep Precious, I so hope it lives. I can only try and do my best. I thought it had a birth defect, it has extra little toes, but I found out it's normal for that breed, lol. Anyway, that's my update for now, I'll keep you posted if anything happens, one way or the other. Have a great day everyone!

Dianna

I am very happy he's hanging in there! Hopefully, he will be okay! Thanks for letting us know!

Dianna
clap.gif
So glad he's still fighting....lol All you can do is give it your best and know you tried everything if it doesn't work, but I hope it does. Four out of my last hatch have the 5 toes. My two silkie mixes of course, my polish mix and my white baby. The silkies toes are real noticeable, the other two not so much...lol I want to say there's 4 or 5 breeds that have the 5 toes.

My little peep died a little while ago,
sad.png
I did my best though, he was too weak to survive. I hate losing my pets. Thanks everyone for all your advice and help.

Blessings,
Dianna

My little peep died a little while ago, :(  I did my best though, he was too weak to survive. I hate losing my pets. Thanks everyone for all your advice and help. 

Blessings,

Dianna

You gave the little guy a shot! More than he would have had otherwise. My last hatch there were 2 others in assisted hatch positions with me. When I followed up after losing my chick on day 9...both of theirs had passed at day 7 & 2. It gave me some relief knowing that I gave the lil guy a shot. So, know you did your best but there may have been something going on inside that you didn't know!
1f64f.png

Hi,
Quite possibly so, on the first day his belly was swollen, it went down, but he just never snapped out of the weakness. He looked like he might for short periods of time, but always became weak again. Most of the time it's little eyes were closed also. Is there a point when you know they made it?? I so hope the next batch doesn't have any losses after hatching. Thanks for your kind words, and yes it is a good feeling to know you gave it your best shot and didn't just let them die or kill them right off. I would imagine that's probably done a lot, but I just don't have the heart to do it. Hope you have a great weekend, thank you again.

Dianna

Oh, sorry to hear that. It's hard to loose one.
hugs.gif
At least you gave it a chance and some love while it was here.

Awwww, thank you so much. You've all been so sweet and helpful. I've learned a lot with this experience. Hugs to you all.

Blessings,
Dianna

Back
Top Bottom