Need help asap!!

I also use a separate thermometer in the incubator, one with a low temp and high temp alarm, and don't rely solely on the external view temp that the incubator shows I've had them be off by 5 degrees sometimes.
Thats really smart, I dont think I have an external thermometer though. I do need to invest in one

I also use a separate thermometer in the incubator, one with a low temp and high temp alarm, and don't rely solely on the external view temp that the incubator shows I've had them be off by 5 degrees sometimes.
Great point! I have a NR360 that's off by 1.5 degrees and a Brinsea 56EX off by 2. That's per two different Govees and a no-name thermometer that all say the same thing within .5F

I let my shipped eggs, sit for 12-24 hours outside the incubator to let the yokes settle before putting them in. Just personal preference. I have better hatch rate doing this.

Maybe the temp in the room where you put the incubator is too low for the heater in the incubator? If the incubator is in a cool room you could try if the temp gets better in a room with a comfortable 21C?
I let my shipped eggs, sit for 12-24 hours outside the incubator to let the yokes settle before putting them in. Just personal preference. I have better hatch rate doing this.
Breeders, around where I live, all recommend a rest periode of 24 hours after the trip/delivery. Has to do with the replaced air in the egg during a trip. Let the eggs rest in an egg carton with the pointy side down and the air cell up. ⬆️

Back
Top Bottom