Need help boiling fresh eggs

epowers777

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
My buddy is buying my small fresh eggs to pickle. He said the fresh are much harder to peel than the store bought. So he lets the eggs sit for 2 weeks then boils them.he even found a specail way to boil eggs online and there still hard to peel but he said they taste wonderful. Any help will be appreciated.

there's a great thread on hear regarding this but I can't find it right now. The method they had worked great for me

bring water to a boil, gentle lower eggs into the water. Boil for 15 minutes, remove eggs from water with laddle and plunge them immediately into water with ice in it.

the rapid shrinkage caused by the ice water seperates the egg from the shell. They peel very easy even if they were layed that day.

try this.. I tried it with an egg that I just brought in from the nest..can't get any fresher than that..

put a couple of tablespoons of salt into the water and bring it to a good boil..

poke a TINY hole in the air sac end of the egg and carefully lower it into the water.. cook for about 10 minutes and then cool the eggs off in cold water until they are cool enough to handle with your bare hands.. now peel the shell off..

I will tell my friend this and try myself. I think he puts it in cool water but not ice.

I don't boil my eggs...I throw them in my veggie steamer and steam them! Same time yiou cook on stove...about 18 -20 mins.

I click the dial and walk away...then when it dings I throw eggs in cold water. They peel amazingly well! And its easy!

They tend to peel much better for me anyway than the traditional boiled eggs...and you cant tell the difference in taste/texture either.

Quote:
This DOES work, even without salt. Works great on quail eggs too and eggs straight from the nest to the pot. I don't use icewater, just cold tap water and keep changing the water out a couple times when it gets too warm. Works like a charm!

Back
Top Bottom