need help chick still Has yoke atticked PIC HELP

Crazy4GameCocks

Songster
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
I had a chick hatch and it still had a sack still attich to it To the chick and the egg the chick is out of the shell and is still alive will it be ok and the sack will the chick still live off of it like in the shell and desolive it???? PLEASE HELP THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME
will it be ok

Last edited:
Is it the egg yolk that didn't absorb completely? How big is it? Don't let it dry and stick TO ANYTHING or it will pull his guts out. If it's tiny it will dry up on it s own. Can you get a pic?

Picture.jpg

Someone help i dont want to loose this one

The picture is out of focus, but that looks like a LOT of unabsorbed yolk. I have never had one that bad, so hopefully somebody will come along with helpful info. This may not make any sense, but maybe by tomorrow (if there is a real skinny area in the sack/cord between the chick and the lump) it will be dry enough to just cut the chick loose from the lump. That isn't going to to just absorb by itself. Is there a big area of his abdomen that isn't close up yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
the chick is very strong and trys to move but i dont want it to so i keep it in a hole in side on a wash cloths so it stay still Someone why did he hatch out like that

the problem is the chick trying to pull itself away from that shell and the entire thing bursting and thereafter getting infected (omphalitis/egg-yolk sac infection)... if it were smaller then you could simply keep it moist till it detached of its own accord from that shell... as it is it is very hard to advise you because we cannot see all the details... you could try to keep it moist with a very dilute regular misting of betadine and hope it becomes detached and lay the egg on a wet cloth in the hope the moisture will go through the shell and help it to detach. Once again your main problem here is the chick itself pulling against and the rupture possibility...
Some have in such instances sterilized a dental floss with iodine and tied the "cord" off to prevent internal inury in such cases...you will need to give this chick nutritional support such as ensure or a baby parrot handfeeding formula mixed in with its starter.

OMG - sis that poor baby ! has it it doing - did you figure out what to do with it yet? have anymore hatched like out in this batch? What has dad said to do about it?

Julie

Back
Top Bottom