Need help! Color ID

img_1699-jpeg.1625647

From left to right
1. Royal Purple
2. Lavender
3. Pearl Gray
4. Buff Dundotte - female
5. Buff Dundotte - male

The other three pictures I assume are of the same 3 keets.
img_1703-jpg.1625633

Left - Lavender Middle - Buff (possibly female) Right - Lite Blue (?) but if it is the same keet as the one on the bottom in the third picture, it looks like it is either a Lite Lavender or a Brown in the third picture.

Thanks Bob!!!

Yes, the pics of the three chicks are always the same 3.

Where could the Lite Lavender color come from?? Hidden in the Buff?

And doubts are clear now, no Browns then, just Buff Dundottes the original females I got this 2nd generation from?

14 eggs to hatch tomorrow, lets wait and see what other surprises may appear.

Thanks Bob!!!

Yes, the pics of the three chicks are always the same 3.

Where could the Lite Lavender color come from?? Hidden in the Buff?

And doubts are clear now, no Browns then, just Buff Dundottes the original females I got this 2nd generation from?

14 eggs to hatch tomorrow, lets wait and see what other surprises may appear.
A Lite Lavender would be just a lavender without DSV (Dark Shade Variance).

Hi, second batch just hatched!
IMG_1885.jpeg
IMG_1885.jpeg
IMG_1887.jpeg

I guess i got:
A pearl, Royal purples, Lite lavs, Lavs, Coral blues, Buffs and a Brown or Buff Dundotte girl??

Could you explain me about the DSV and why does the Brown line of colors need a blue gene + a brown/buff gene?

What color would be a genetically brown keet without the blue gene??

img_1885-jpeg.1631070

I guess i got:
A pearl, Royal purples, Lite lavs, Lavs, Coral blues, Buffs and a Brown or Buff Dundotte girl??

Could you explain me about the DSV and why does the Brown line of colors need a blue gene + a brown/buff gene?

What color would be a genetically brown keet without the blue gene??
Top row appears to be Lite Lavender, coral Blue, Lavender, ? (can't see head)
Middle row ? (can't see head), Lavender
Bottom row Royal Purple, Lite Lavender, Pearl Gray, Lavender, Possibly Chocolate (?)

DSV controls how dark the coloring can get. The claim is that Browns have one DSV and that it takes two DSV's to get Chocolate.

Their just isn't enough research to know exactly what can occur when there are mixes of both the blue and buff genes. I have seen claims that Browns have two buff genes and one DSV gene. I know of Browns that definitely have a buff gene and a blue gene and since they are much lighter colored than Chocolates I have no problem believing they only have one DSV gene. Theoretically the difference between a Brown and a Chocolate is that Browns are fully dotted with one DSV while Chocolates are partially dotted with two DSV genes.

According to the literature, Royal Purples are simply Pearl Grays with partial dotting. The way my Royal Purples are produced is by mating a Chocolate male with a Coral Blue female meaning that mine have both a buff gene and a blue gene. This is assuming that Chocolates really do have buff genes instead of something else. We already know because of the offspring that your Royal Purples have produced that at least some of your Royal Purples do have a hidden recessive blue gene.

If you take what they are saying here with a grain of salt (I have proved to myself that some of their assumptions are definitely incorrect), it does have some good information to consider.

https://guineas.com/articles/genetics

So much harder than I thought!!!

In the top row between the Coral BLue and the Lav, that is a brown colored keet, it has broad dark line in the head, it is the same keet of the pic where there are 4 keets, it is the bottom rigt one, under the Lavender.

The third pic is of the Brown line chicks of this batch and a Lavender (in the upper right corner).

Do they look Chocolate to you??

A Porcelain is the same as a Lite Lavender? or Porcelains are even more diluted than Lite Lavs???

Do they look Chocolate to you??
The one in the lower right corner of the box looks very similar to what my chocolate keets look. But.. I am not seeing these in person and depending on the lighting and the camera settings along with the processing parameters it is possible that it is looking darker to me than it actually is. In that case it would be a Buff.
A Porcelain is the same as a Lite Lavender? or Porcelains are even more diluted than Lite Lavs???
Porcelains are much lighter colored than Lite Lavenders. Again the same comment applies as above in that the I may not be seeing the true colors.

Thanks Bob!!! Yes, I understand the difference of seing pics and in person the colors may look completely different.

Sorry if I'm being annoying!

It's just that I want to know what color varieties I have so I can sell them for what they are.

Next batch of 29 hatches the 18th, so I'll give you some hollidays of my questions.

Bob,

Do you know how does the Lite Lav genetics work?

I was wondering: Can Lavender be 2xDSVgene, Lite Lav be 1xDSVgene and Porcelain NO DSVgene?

In the last 2 batches I got 3 different shades of Buff-ish colored keets or whatever they may be... Both pearled and partially pearled
It also adds to the fact that in the Buff line males are lighter than females. Lets see when they grow up.

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

Bob,

Do you know how does the Lite Lav genetics work?

I was wondering: Can Lavender be 2xDSVgene, Lite Lav be 1xDSVgene and Porcelain NO DSVgene?

In the last 2 batches I got 3 different shades of Buff-ish colored keets or whatever they may be... Both pearled and partially pearled
It also adds to the fact that in the Buff line males are lighter than females. Lets see when they grow up.

View attachment 1658394
View attachment 1658397
Lavender could be 2 x DSV and Lite Lavender could be1 or no DSV. It was my understanding that Porcelain had both blue and buff genes but the more I deal with guineas the less I believe what has previously been reported as guinea color genetics.

From today's images. it sure looks like you have some Chocolate keets in your box. The one in the middle certainly looks black to me and I have not seen a black keet reported anywhere. Looks like there are some pied Royal Purples also.

Nice batch of interesting colors there.

Back
Top Bottom