Need help deciding if this video is OK to upload...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pinky, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I have a video showing how two roosters work out there differences, but it is a short fight/chase scene and I'm not sure if you tube would consider it illegal or ban me for putting it up.
    Basically it is 2 (almost identical) roosters, one old and one younger, chasing then colliding for a few seconds while free ranging. After the very short fight is over one of them chicken dances to the other and they stop and part ways on their own. I thought it could show how some chickens work out a pecking order among themselves and also give people an idea of how roosters can behave and help them identify some chicken body language.
    It's not a long or very violent bloody fight, just chasing and some feathers pulled. I can post a screen shot of a scene if anyone wants to get a better idea of what it's about(If it is ok).

SO I would like to know your opinions on this, do you think this type of video is ok to upload?(would you upload it?)

2. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    No you will not be punished by YouTube. They don't "allow" it but they do not enforce it. I have seen many derbies uploaded by the Filipino people.

3. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I think you'll be ok if the tone of your video is as you described it. If one of the animals gets bloody or is visibly injured you'll probably get more heat from YouTube than you would if it was just two roosters sorting out the pecking order. I've seen many videos with aggressive roosters. I even saw one where a rooster attacked a cat, it was supposed to be funny but I think a rooster could really hurt a cat. Anyways, I digress, I'd go for it though.

4. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    It is a crap shoot, there is a big gray area in the sensorship here. Ask a mod and save yourself some grief. Chances are they will view it as that thing that is not spoken here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by