Need help determining the breed, gender and age(:

cmchicks

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2016
Delaware
3rd largest chick in my flock. Name is Remme, I'm pretty sure Remme is a Rhode Island Red and I know Remme is younger than my other 2 chicks. Gender?age?
Please help!

For comparison, here's my RIR at 6 wks. photo taken a year ago. She did turn out to be a pullet. I'd say yours is 4 weeks...

Last edited:
cmchiks, I don't know. I think most people would say it's too early to tell. As I currently have a couple of growing chicks, I have read almost every 'what gender' post for the past several weeks, and that's about the limit of my experience. Take a look thru the forum archives and compare as this one grows...

cmchiks, I don't know.  I think most people would say it's too early to tell.   As I currently have a couple of growing chicks, I have read almost every 'what gender' post for the past several weeks, and that's about the limit of my experience.  Take a look thru the forum archives and compare as this one grows...

Thank you I will!

Our RIR looked just like yours at about 5 weeks (she is in the back of my profile pic).

Here she is on the right, now at 7 weeks. I am no expert either, been digging around in these forums to compare for gender/breeds/age, since this is my first set of chickens!

Mzz9 and Chmchiks, As time goes on, and you know for sure, post new pics for posterity! I'd like to see. So far I am guessing they are all pullets.
Here are my 7 week olds, that were sold as sexed pullets, a Barred Rock and a Speckled Sussex. I drove to nearby Estes Hatchery to get them on May 16. I got our 1st batch of 4 there as well, and so far their sexing has been accurate.

Back
Top Bottom