Need help! Extremely aggresive and huge rooster!

My roo always chases the new birds added to the flock off the feed. I don't belive that roosters can tell male from female and treat all new comers as a potential rival until the hen or pullet squats for him and he goes "ah ha" it's a girl.

Quote:
BULL , them roosters know right off the bat a hen from a rooster .... they do not need to have signs or signals . LOL

Kinda like this , DOES a MALE have to give YOU a sign or signal HIS GENDER ? LOL

lau.gif

INGREDIENTS
* 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
* 4 stalks celery, diced
* celery tops
* 1 carrot, shredded
* 1 onion, halved - unpeeled
* ground black pepper to taste
* 3 (32 fluid ounce) containers chicken broth
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 cup warm water
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups all-purpose flour

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large pot over medium heat, combine chicken, celery and their tops, carrot, onion and its peel, and pepper. Pour broth over and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender and falls from the bone, about 45 minutes.
2. While chicken is cooking, make noodles. In a large bowl, combine eggs, water, oil, salt and enough of the flour to make a stiff dough.
3. Strain chicken stock, reserving meat, celery and carrots. Pull meat from bones and return strained stock and meat, celery and carrots to pot. Bring to a boil. Make noodles by cutting dough from a broth-dipped spoon or using scissors or your fingers to make small, chickpea sized, noodles and dropping them in the boiling water. When the noodles rise to the surface they are done.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, joebryant has the best idea, as well as a darned good recipe. I've shot 3 of my br's, as much as I hated to. They were mean, destructive, and showed no respect for my hens. I've given away 3 more br's, as all of them turned mean, too. I'm keeping 1 rir to help out my old roo, pimp daddy. He's a mutt, but a great roo. I hope the rir learns from him, or else I'll be trying that recipe soon.

last time I had chickens (years ago) I had 3 Roo's 2 were so mean they wouldn't leave the 3rd alone. So I made chicken stew. The 3rd Roo was awesome I used to pick him and he'd talk to me. He was definitely sucking up.

I bet he was....after seeing the others become chicken soup!!!!
lol.png

Our RIR rooster's name is Sue and it can quickly be changed to Soup should he forget himself! Like I said, too many nice roosters out there, needing a good home, to put up with a bad one! That is one thing that gives me no twinges of guilt to kill....a mean rooster!

Back
Top Bottom